The Workshop is an extra support facility for students studying mathematics courses in the College.
- Monday to Friday morning (09.30-12.30) and afternoon (13.30-16.30)
- Tuesday and Thursday evening (18.00-20.30)
Mathematics is taught on the 5th Floor of The David Hockney Building.
Courses offered are:
- Adult Functional Skills qualifications (Entry level, Level 1 and Level 2) (City & Guilds)
- Adult Principles of Mathematics (Entry 3 and level1) (City and Guilds)
- Adult GCSE Mathematics (AQA Linear B).
You will be assessed at interview and assigned to the course that most suits your current skill level taking into account your qualifications.
For most courses you will work as part of a class or group, using the Workshop facility for extra help whenever you need it. You will be assessed and join a group working at the same level as you.
English and/or Maths will be included in your timetable if you have not achieved a GCSE at grade 4 or above in these subjects when you start your course.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.