Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments. Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies. They are able to work on their own proficiently and work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
The following skills, knowledge and behaviours are what will be gained from this apprenticeship.
- Understand and apply the principles for installation and termination of wiring systems in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understand the principles and legislation for inspection testing, fault diagnosis
- Understand the principles associated with design, installation and maintenance of electronic systems
- Work reliably without supervision
- Exercise responsibilities in an ethical manner
- Accept responsibility for the work of themselves and others
Level 1 English and Maths will be required to undertake this apprenticeship.
Completion of this qualification will lead to the apprentice becoming a fully qualified electrician who holds the current regulations certificate (Current Standard/Qualification 5357) with experience of working across various settings.
Apprenticeship Course Fees will be paid by your employer.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.