Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
Adult, Distance Learning, Level 2
Variable (via Distance Learning)
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service provides students with a thorough understanding of all aspects of customer service in a range of different environments. Students will gain a wide range of knowledge in how to provide effective customer service and how to fully understand the organisations need for customer service. You will learn how to manage information and supporting events.
This course will equip you with the essential skills and experience that you need to enter the Customer Service and Retail sector. You will understand key concepts such as developing customer relationships, problem-solving and dealing with challenging customers and customer service delivery.
Unit 1 – Principles of Customer Service and Delivery
- Understanding Customer Service
- Legal and Ethical Requirements related to Customer Service
- Delivering Effective Customer Service
- Management of Customer Service Information
- Customer Service Delivery
- Understanding the Relationship between Customer Service and a Brand
Unit 2 – Understanding Customers
- Understanding Different Types of Customers
- Understanding the Value of Customers
Unit 3 – Understanding Employer Organisations
- Organisational Structures
- Understanding the Organisational Environment
Unit 4 – Understanding How to Communicate with Customers
- How to Communicate Verbally with Customers
- How to Communicate with Customers in Writing
Unit 5 – Understanding How to Handle Customer Information
- How to Process Customer Information
- Understanding the Customer Service Handover Process
Unit 6 – Understanding How to Resolve Problems and Deliver Customer Service to Challenging Customers
- How to Deliver Customer Service to Challenging Customers
- Resolution of Customer Service Problems
Unit 7 – Understanding How to Develop Customer Relationships
- How to Develop Customer Relationships
- How to Exceed Customer Expectations
- How to Support Customer Service Improvements
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking to the Distance Learning Team by either post or email. Your work will then be sent to an assessor to be marked who will provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team. Upon successful complete of three assessments you will be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service.
Successful completion of this course means that you will gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment within the Retail and Customer Service sector.
There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.