Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Equality and Diversity
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Adult, Distance Learning, Level 2
Variable (via Distance Learning)
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity will introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments in society, the community and the workplace. The course, highlights the stereotyping and labelling affecting individuals and to outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination.
The course will allow the student to examine rights and responsibilities and to take individual responsibility and the action needed to help and support others. Subjects that are covered in the course include personal and social identities, beliefs, values, stereotyping and labelling, prejudice and discrimination. Through the course students will develop an awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity. Students will learn the skills to apply this awareness through their own actions in society, community and the workplace. The course will provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
Unit 1 – Equality and Diversity in Society
- Unit 2 – Equality and Diversity in the Community
- Unit 3 – Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all the sections in the two assessments within the agreed timescales and send them either by email or by post to us for our team of qualified tutors to mark. If your course is paper-based these are sent to us in the post or can be typed up and emailed. Your tutor will then provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of the two assessments you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Successful completion of this course means that you will gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment in an area related to Equality and Diversity.
Fees: There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.