Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Adult, Level 2
David Hockney Building
This course will give you the knowledge and skills needed to support teaching and learning in the school environment.
It is ideal for anyone working or looking to work in roles that support student learning such as teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
It will enable you to gain an understanding of elements including children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare, and communication and professional relationships.
As you work towards this qualification, you will be developing your skills and expertise in a number of areas and you will link theory to your experiences in the classroom.
- Understand schools and colleges as organisations
- Understand children and young people’s development
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people
- Maintain relationships with children and young people
- Support the health and safety of children and young people
- Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people
- Contribute to teamwork in a learning environment
- Understand children and young people’s play and leisure
- Promote an effective learning environment
- Provide displays in a learning environment
Entry to this course requires GCSE English Language and Maths at grade D/3 or Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1 qualification.
To complete this course you will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement to show that you understand and can demonstrate what you have learned.
Your knowledge will be assessed by your tutor in college, and skills will be will be assessed in your place of work/placement.
If you’re 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.