Level 2 CACHE Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities aims to give students knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. The student will explore the principles of safeguarding, positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
The course covers a range of topics including understanding supporting individuals with learning disabilities, safeguarding and positive risk-taking. The objective of the course is to prepare students for employment and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with people with learning difficulties. This course is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
- Section 1 – Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Section 2 – Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Section 1 – Principles of Positive Risk-taking for Individuals with Disabilities
- Section 2 – Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Section 1 – Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
- Section 2 – Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking to the Distance Learning Team by either post or email. Your work will then be sent to an assessor to be marked who will provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team. Upon successful complete of three assessments you will be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities.
Successful completion of this course means that you gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment within the Adult Social Care sector and working with people with learning disabilities.
There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.