CACHE Certificate in Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
Adult, Distance Learning, Level 2
Variable (via Distance Learning)
David Hockney Building
The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings qualification aims to help students to understand the meaning and importance of infection control, the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread.
You will learn about the importance of infection prevention and the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection. You will study hygiene, health, cleaning as well as waste management.
- Unit 1 – Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Unit 2 – Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene and Health in the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Unit 3 – Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste Management in Health Care Settings
- Unit 4 – Principles of Infection Prevention and Control in a Health Care Setting
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking to the Distance Learning Team by either post or email. Your work will then be sent to an assessor to be marked who will provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team. Upon successful complete of two assessments you will be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings.
Successful completion of this course means that you will gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment in related to Infection prevention and control in the Healthcare sector.
There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.