Level 2 CACHE Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care
The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care enables the student to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. The qualification can be used to support the knowledge and understanding for those working in or towards a care role.
It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities. The qualification can be used to support the knowledge and understanding for those working in or towards a care role.
- Unit 1 – Dementia Awareness
- Unit 2 – The Person-centred Approach to Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Unit 3 – Understanding the Factors that can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia
- Unit 4 – Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Unit 5 – Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia using a Person-centred Approach
- Unit 6 – Understand how to Respond to Behaviours Associated with Dementia
- Unit 7 – Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all the sections in the three assessments within the agreed timescales and send them either by email or by post to us for our team of qualified tutors to mark. If your course is paper-based these are sent to us in the post or can be typed up and emailed. Your tutor will then provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of three assessments students will then be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care.
Successful completion of this course means that you gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment within Adult Social Care.
Fees: There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.