The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health is a qualification for anyone wanting to increase their understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health. The student will develop knowledge and confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet.
The course will provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life.
Students will learn about food labelling and how to use the information and will develop an understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management.
The objectives of the qualification are to give students working in, or intending to work in, settings such as Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace.
- Unit 1 – Exploring the principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2 – Considering the nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3 – Using food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4 – Principles of weight management
- Unit 5 – Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6 – Principles of food safety for the home environment
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking to the Distance Learning Team by either post or email. Your work will then be sent to an assessor to be marked who will provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team. Upon successful complete of three assessments you will be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health.
Successful completion of this course means that you will gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment in the Nutrition and Health sector.
There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.