The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Care Planning aims to develop students knowledge and understanding of principles and processes of person-centred thinking, planning and reviewing.
Students will understand how to work with individuals to carry out activities specified in their care or support plan. Students will understand the importance of the promotion of health and well-being through nutrition and hydration and will learn how to support individuals to maintain personal hygiene, manage continence and how to use continence equipment. Students will understand the importance of supporting individuals with sleep.
- Section 1 – Understanding the Role of the Social Care Worker
- Section 2 – Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings
- Section 3 – Understanding Person-centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings
- Section 1 – Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings
- Section 2 – Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings
- Section 3 – Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Section 4 – Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, and Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Section 1 – Understanding How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings
- Section 2 – Understanding Health and Safety in Social Care Settings
You can apply to undertake this course by registering your interest with your employer. Employers can then register you by completing a standard Booking Form (terms and conditions apply) which can be provided on request. You can register as an individual by sending us an email. Induction onto the course can be done in groups, on request, at your place of employment or via post or email. Once enrolled on the course, paper-based students will receive their course material in the post via recorded delivery (unless these have already been received at a group induction).
For more information, please email [email protected].
You must complete all the sections within the assessments within the agreed timescales and send them to us to be marked by a team of qualified tutors. If your course is paper-based you can send your assessments to us in the post or they can be typed up and emailed to us. Your tutor will then provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. Upon successful completion of three assessments you be awarded the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Care Planning.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will gain a nationally recognized qualification which can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment within the Adult Health and Social Care sector.
There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when you enrol on this course, you will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should you not complete the course in full, you will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.