Level 2 Award in Barista Skills
Catering & Hospitality
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Barista Skills
Adult, School Leavers, Trade & Professional, Level 2
3 days - 6 weeks
02/03/2022, 11/04/2022, 27/04/2022
With the Boom in coffee drinking over the past few years, the demand for trained Baristas has never been higher.
With this qualification you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to prepare and serve a range of hot and cold drink specifications in any establishment such as coffee houses, restaurants and hotels that provides barista coffees. You will learn how to perfect your milk for different drink specifications and create perfect latte art.
You may just want to upskill your hospitality qualifications or gain employment in a sector that is currently trending.
These courses will take place at The Grove Training restaurant/coffee lounge found in the David Hockney Building. Start and end times can be found below:
- Wednesday 2nd March – Wednesday April 6th 2022 6pm – 9pm for 6 weeks. (3hrs x 6 weeks)
- Monday 11th April to Wednesday 13th April 2022 9am – 3pm – (6hrs x 3 days)
- Wednesday 27th April to Wednesday 1st June 2022 6pm – 9pm for 6 weeks (3hrs x 6weeks)
As a student you will be based in a realistic working environment, The Grove training restaurant/coffee shop based within Bradford College.
The main key teaching and learning method used is that of practical demonstration followed by practical practice with some theory.
You will use a barista machine, during your practical activity and learn how it works, how it is cleaned and maintained within Health and Safety guidelines. You will be able to make a range of hot and cold drink specifications and in additional you will perfect your milk trothing skills and latte art.
There will also be a theory aspect to the course, to give you a greater understanding of the subject. In addition to mastering the use of the Barista Coffee Machine you will gain skills required to operate fully in a barista environment such as:
- Preparing the coffee shop ready for opening
- Taking customer orders and payments
- Grinding fresh coffee beans
- Cleaning and tidying work areas, equipment and coffee machines
- Creating displays
- Cleaning and tidying the coffee shop before closing
You don’t need any formal qualifications or experience. You may already be working in the hospitality industry, and want to add to your skills/qualifications or start your journey in the sector. You may even be looking to start your own business.
We will expect you to have an aptitude for learning and a desire to further your knowledge and education do you have the:
- The ability to work well with others
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Customer service skills – this plays a big part of your job as a barista and therefore we expect that you’ll enjoy helping people and always be ready with a smile.
- Sensitivity and understanding
- The ability to work on your own
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A desire to help people
To achieve the Level 2 Award in Barista Skills you must at least achieve a pass grade on both the practical assessment and theory Q&A paper.
The practical and theory assessments are graded, Pass, Merit and Distinction, which will then give you an overall grade for your combined grades.
The qualification is made up of four learning outcomes;
- Demonstrate product knowledge
- Clean and check equipment
- Display drink building techniques
- Serve customers.
Assessment will take the form of practical assignments and short answer questions.
The course is professionally accredited by City & Guilds and recognised by many employers. You will gain some practical work based learning during the course.
Successful completion of this course will equip you with key skills needed to work as a Barista in the Catering and Hospitality sector.
The course fees for this course are £250. All equipment, supplies and protective clothing are supplied by the College.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.