Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers. Dependent on the sector that they are employed in there may be subtle differences in terms of composition and application of the job role specific skills and knowledge they will require, however the core skills and knowledge will be
the same regardless of the sector/area they work in.
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend a day per week at Bradford College undertaking classroom based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
You will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the Engineering sector. Skills you will develop include:
- Working Safely
- Identifying Risks and Hazards
- Select and use appropriate tools
- How to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
- Relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating to engineering operations
- Their individual roles and responsibilities within the organisation and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company targets
- Engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
- Potential problems that can occur within the engineering operations and how they can be avoided
Must achieve a minimum of Level 1 in initial assessments or already have GCSE A-C or 9-4.
Apprenticeship Course Fees will be paid by your employer.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.