Higher National Diploma in Business (Accounting and Finance) (Top-up)
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business (Accounting and Finance) (Top-up)
Adult, University, Level 5
1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time
Full-time or Part-time
David Hockney Building
Our HND in Business (Accounting and Finance) has been set up to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and give you a solid grounding in business. You will be able to develop knowledge in key areas in marketing, human resource management, leadership, accounting and how these link together in a business environment. The course has a work experience module allowing you to develop practical and hands-on experience with our industry sponsors in the relevant field that you want to work in.
You will gain both academic and employability skills to contribute to your personal development and enhance your career prospects. These may include:
- Problem Solving Skills i.e. critical thinking, creating solutions, using systems and digital technology
- Independent Skills i.e. reflective practice, self-management and self- development, resilience
- Interpersonal Skills i.e. leadership skills, working with others, communicating effectively, presentation skills
- Commercial Skills i.e. business sector awareness, promoting, marketing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Business Skills i.e. drawing up accounts, invoicing, awareness of legislation, presenting financial reports
- Active Research, effective writing, analytical skills, decision making, work ethics
- Research Project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Strategy
- Planning for Growth
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business/Accounting (or a related subject)
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as Maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above
T Level qualifications are accepted, a T Level PASS with a minimum of a grade D (equates to 72 UCAS points).
Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are assessed using a combination of:
- Centre-devised internal assignments that are set and assessed by centres, and
- Pearson-set assignments, which are set by centres in line with Pearson guidelines and graded by centres.
You will have the opportunity to develop your professional skills and abilities through practical experiences and ‘learning by doing’. Our employer sponsors in the district help to provide work experience opportunities for our students, giving you hands-on experience in a relevant workplace. This work experience opportunity is designed to fit around full-time or part-time commitments.
Upon successful completion, holders of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business/ BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (Accounting and Finance) who wish to continue with Higher Education at Level 6 will be able to study for an additional year at various universities in the UK to gain a business-related degree.
Career opportunities include:
- People and Culture Coordinator
- Assistant Recruitment Manager
- HR Consultant
- Assistant Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive/Specialist
- Finance Officer
- Accounts Assistant
- Contract Officer
- Supply Chain Executive
Full-time: £8,000. Part-time: £600 per 15 credits.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.