There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Therefore, there is no charge to either you or your employer.
Please note that when you enrol on this course, you will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should you not complete the course in full, you will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
A lean organisation provides the greatest customer value with the fewest resources, a philosophy increasingly important in today’s competitive business market. A sound understanding of the concept and benefits of a lean environment, as well as knowledge of business techniques and working in teams, is essential. This nationally-recognised qualification is designed to provide you with an appreciation and understanding of some key principles of lean organisation management.
The course comprises three assessments.
Unit 1 - Lean Organisation Techniques in Business:
- Understand the concept of a lean environment
- Be able to implement the productivity needs analysis
- Be able to produce a process map.
Unit 2 - Business Improvement Tools and Techniques:
- Know about continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen)
- Understand the principles and techniques of workplace organisation
- Be able to use visual indicators to improve the work environment
- Know ways to eliminate variance from processes in the workplace.
Unit 3 - Working in Business Teams:
- Understand what makes an effective Team Leader
- Be able to work effectively in a team
- Understand the role of a team leader.
You can apply to undertake this course by registering your interest with your employer (eg your line manager, training and development or personnel department). Employers can then register you by completing a standard Booking Form (terms and conditions apply), which can be provided on request. You can register as an individual and are asked to email us. Induction onto the course can be done in groups, on request, at your place of employment or via post or email. Once enrolled on the course, paper-based students will receive their course material in the post via recorded delivery (unless these have already been received at a group induction).
Kirsty Redman – 01274 436491
Marcus Mottram – 01274 436133
William Caufield - 01274 433277
Email us: [email protected]
How Will I Learn?
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking by our team of qualified tutors. If your course is paper-based these are sent to us in the post or can be typed up and emailed. If you are studying online these are submitted electronically direct to your tutor. Your tutor will then provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team.
Upon successful completion of two assessments you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques.
Benefits to you:
- A clear understanding of responsibilities
- Development of new skills
- Recognition of existing skills
- Opportunities to improve current service
- Helps to progress your career
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Advantages to your employer:
- Staff feel more confident in their role
- Staff are kept up to date with current policies, procedures and legislation
- Staff gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Information, Advice and Support
Help with choosing the right course and with thinking about where this might take you in the future.
Tel: 01274 433043
Email: [email protected]dfordcollege.ac.uk
Money matters - you may be entitled to financial support whilst you study.
Tel: 01274 433246.
Email: [email protected]
Support for applicants with a learning difficulty, disability, illness or other learning need.
Tel: 01274 438999
Email: [email protected]
For all other queries call 01274 088088
Tel: 01274 433172
Email: [email protected].