Aged 19 or over? Do you need a second chance to start your GCSE English in 2024?
Study a fast track GCSE English course with Bradford College.
Starting in February 2024, we are offering a 4 month fast track course in GCSE English that will support your route into University or employment. Study with experienced, highly qualified subject specialists who can support you to prepare for the May/June exam.
Demonstrate and develop:
- Skills to answer questions in exam situations
- Revision techniques
- Oracy (speaking and listening) and the preparation of high quality presentations
- Reading and writing skills that are instrumental in communicating with others confidently, effectively, precisely and appropriately
- Skills in accessing and retrieving information from a wide range of written and dynamic/digital texts
- Skills around variations in language, selecting and adapting speech and writing to different situations, purposes and audiences
- Skills to support progression in terms of employment and further study education
- Verbal reasoning and the ability to think constructively and critically in response to written and digital/dynamic texts
- Proofreading and editing skills
You will be given an initial assessment to check your starting point and determine your suitability for this course. If you are unsuccessful in securing a place on GCSE English Language due to gaps in knowledge, you may be guided towards enrolling in Functional Skills English.
As this is an intensive course, your attendance for 6 hours each week over two days is mandatory and you must complete additional work outside of class time.
Assessment of your progress is throughout the course. However, you will be assessed by two externally marked exams in May/June. It’s important to note that these dates are fixed and set nationally, so they cannot be changed.
A GCSE in English is demanded by many employers and can improve your employability prospects, university opportunities and life in general.
This course is free if you do not already have a GCSE English Language grade 4 (C) or above.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.