This course is for School Leavers, aged 16 to 19. If you do not have a grade 4 GCSE in Maths and English, this course will help you to obtain the grades required for further T-Level study.
Education and Childcare: Fast Track to T Level
Early Years & Childcare
Transition to T-Level in Education and Childcare
School Leavers, Level 2
1 year Full-time
Embrace your passion for education and childcare with our Transition to T-Level programme. If you’re a School Leaver, aged 16 to 19, this course is your perfect stepping-stone to gaining real-world experience and knowledge needed to work with children.
This course will be tailored to your needs and offer you the support and guidance that you need to progress onto further T-Level study or work in the childcare sector. You will understand key concepts such as safeguarding, child development and how to work safely with children.
All Saints CE Primary School is one of our industry partners on this course and provides outstanding work placements for our young people on the course.
This course will prepare you to become an Early Years Educator, enabling you to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This course is a 1 year course and is a 2.5 qualification and is designed to support students in being fully equipped to progress to a full T-Level course.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be able to complete the full Childcare and Education T-Level.
This course will be tailored to you to help and support you in your education journey.
As part of this course, you will have the opportunity to develop skills and understanding in Safeguarding as well as Paediatric First Aid.
The course will consist of five core components:
– Diagnostic and guidance support – At the start of the programme, individual students’ support needs are assessed and the course is then tailored to those needs.
– English and Maths – If students do not hold a grade 4 GCSE in both Maths and English, this course will aid those students to obtain the required grades.
– Work experience preparation – Students will be mentored to develop the behaviors, skills and confidence needed to complete the industry placement.
– Introductory technical skills – Through these technical skills, students will be able to prepare and understand the route that they wish to choose towards T-Levels.
– Pastoral support and personal development – Students are supported in all aspects of their health, as well as building up key personal skills such as resilience and motivation.
This course will make sure that you are equipped with all the necessary technical skills, experience and attitudes to work in the childcare sector. Your mentor will assess you throughout the course to make sure that you will successfully progress from this course onto further T-Level study or into work.
You will have the opportunity to complete a 6 week work placement that is tailored to your chosen T-Level route. As part of this course, you are prepared with the skills and support to gain work experience in schools, nurseries, early years centres and other education-based environments.
Successful completion of this course means that you will have gained the necessary experience and skills needed to progress onto further T-Level study on your chosen route.
If you are 16 to 19 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.