Learning is delivered through both theory and practical based sessions.
Further learning will be carried out on work experience, from visiting guest speakers and on day visits and residential opportunities with the Uniformed Services.
You will also be expected to take responsibility for independent study outside of your timetable, as directed by your tutors, using Moodle, the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
Modules you will study in year 1 include the following 2 mandatory units:-
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services (Externally Assessed)
Two further units will be selected from the following options:-
- Skills for Outdoor Activities and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Expedition Skills
- Introduction to Criminology
- Police Powers and the Law
- Professional Development in the Uniformed Protective Services