BSc (Hons) (Top-up) Civil Engineering Project Management
Construction & Engineering
BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Project Management (awarded by the University of Bolton)
Trade & Professional, University, Level 6
1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time
Full-time or Part-time
This course will:
- develop your understanding of Civil Engineering Project Management in different contexts
- develop your ability to apply a variety of methods and skills in the investigation and solution of real Civil Engineering Project Management problems
- enhance your qualities and skills for employability, enabling you to either pursue programmes of further study or to move directly into your chosen employment within the industry
- provide the appropriate educational base for the pursuit of professional membership of a relevant professional body
- provide a coherent learning experience that equips you with the technical, professional and transferable skills needed for employment
- provide an environment where you can explore current knowledge and thinking and develop the research skills required to respond effectively to the needs of a constantly changing industry
- Project Management in Practice
- Advanced Civil Engineering Technology and Materials
- Research Methods
- Further Geotechnical and Structural Engineering
- Engineering Hydrology and Environmental Studies
Entry to this course requires a successful completion of a HND or Foundation degree in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) with 120 credits at Level 5 or equivalent (at least 6 merits) as well as GCSE English and Maths at a grade 4 or C.
Non-standard applicants will be required to produce evidence of their ability to study at Higher Education level. If you are a non-standard applicant, you may be required to complete a piece of written work as part of your application. You will be expected to join the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) as a student member (free membership). We also consider individual applicants who can demonstrate relevant learning, work/voluntary experience, using our Recognition of Prior Learning process.
The programme team has excellent links with local and national industry, including the different professions within the industry. This facilitates work experience for full-time students, site visits for students and guest speakers with specific subject expertise.
The programme is employer responsive and reflective of current practices in Civil Engineering so that, on graduation, you can make an immediate contribution in the workplace. The Award meets the needs of a wide range of professional practitioners in the civil engineering field. These include: Site Engineering Managers, Transport Engineering Design Managers, Civil Engineering Design Managers, Structural Engineering Design Managers and managers in transport, water and the environment.
Fees: £8750 per year.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.