Our beautiful Yorkshire Craft Centre is just the place to display and purchase arts, crafts and other objects, and our gallery is used for a wide variety of exhibitions and events.
Originally built as a vertical mill in 1912 for the teaching of textile processes, Lister Building has benefited from an ambitious extension and refurbishment programme resulting in The Dye House Gallery and the stylish Bensons Café.
The Goldsworthy and Hockney Conference Rooms and the Norman Stevens Lecture Theatre are named after three of the college’s most famous fine art alumni: David Hockney RA, Andy Goldsworthy and Norman Stevens ARA.
Retaining its architectural features and the charm of its origins as a dye house, the Dye House Gallery is a light contemporary space, making it an outstanding venue for art exhibitions, performances, events, presentations and conferences. Adjacent to the Café Bar, the Gallery can seat up to 200 theatre style or 120 cabaret style.