At Bradford College we promote equality and diversity by:
- treating all staff and students fairly
- creating an inclusive culture for all staff and students
- ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable students to fully participate in the learning process and enrichment activitives
- helping all staff and students to develop their full potential
- equiping staff and students with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their work/study environment
- making certain that any learning materials do not discriminate against any individuals or groups
- ensuring sure policies, procedures and processes promote equality and diversity
- supporting national campaigns
- engaging with communities in Bradford and beyond
Our policies and plans
You will see some of our key policies that address equality and diversity listed on this page under related documents. Our policy on Equality and Diversity is available on our Equality homepage. Please contact us if you would like more information.
The Equality and Diversity Committee
The Equality and Diversity Committee meets three times a year and reports to the Academic Board, the College Management and the Corporation. It looks at many areas, including:
- All matters concerning equality and diversity relating to students,
- Curriculum, staffing, the College environment and external community relations.
- Celebrating diversity, promoting equality and challenging inequality.
- Promoting, developing, implementing and reviewing the College’s equal opportunities policies and procedures.
- Developing, promoting and reviewing actions taken to embed equality and diversity within the curriculum.
- Compliance with statutory duties and requirements.
- Commissioning members of staff and students across College to investigate and report back on equality and diversity matters.