The Grove Restaurant
If you’re looking for a fresh, locally sourced, tasty and reasonably priced meal right at your fingertips, look no further than the Grove. The Grove Restaurant, in the David Hockney Building, boasts an impressive menu that changes with the seasons to utilise the best local produce available. We cater for all tastes, whether you’re looking for a light and healthy lunch or something more decadent to indulge your sweet tooth!
The Grove Restaurant is a student-run restaurant with student-friendly prices! Recruiting chefs and Front of House staff from levels 1, 2 and 3 hospitality and catering courses, The Grove allows the talented chefs of tomorrow to show off their culinary skills today. With mains starting from as little as £3.50, popping in for lunch is as cost effective as it is convenient.
And with everything from Christmas dinners to Tapas evenings, The Grove Restaurant’s weekly gourmet nights aren’t to be missed! Each Thursday at 6pm, the restaurant opens its doors for unique themed nights, for which special menus are carefully devised. Enjoy three delicious courses and silver services for just £12.95 per person.
The Grove is open daily (during term time) from Monday to Friday, serving lunch from 12pm to 2.30pm (last orders are taken at 1.30pm). Just pop in for lunch – no need to book – but for Thursday gourmet evenings, bookings are recommended to ensure that you don’t miss out! To make a reservation you can:
- Call into The Grove Restaurant, which is located on the ground floor of the David Hockney Building
- Give us a call on 01274 088520
- Or drop us an email at [email protected]. Simply send your name, phone number, the number of people you want to book for and your chosen time slot, and a member of our friendly team will get back to you to confirm.
If you have a known food or substance allergy, please ask a member of our team for advice at the time of booking. Common allergies include celery, cereals/gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, milk, lupin, molluscs, mustard, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, soya and sulphur dioxide, so if you have these or any other known food allergy, it is really important that you tell a member of staff so that they can inform the chef.
If you’re looking for something on the go, The Kitchen offers an informal and comfortable atmosphere to grab a light lunch; choose from a wide selection of treats that can be eaten in or taken away. We serve breakfast, lunch and snacks from 8am to 2.30pm Monday-Friday – all lovingly prepared by our dedicated team of trainee caterers. There’s no need to make a reservation in The Kitchen.
Cafes around Bradford College
There are a range of cafes around College, including Costa and Starbucks. Their opening times are listed below.
- Trinity Green cafeteria: 8am-3pm (til 2.30pm on Fridays)
- Costa (Lister Building): 8.30am-3pm
- Starbucks (David Hockney Building, ground floor): 8.30am-2.30pm
- Jo Cox Cafe (David Hockney Building, fourth floor): 8.30am-7pm (til 2.30pm on Fridays)
- And for students studying in the Advanced Technology Centre, from October 2019 you can purchase food and drinks from the College Tuk-tuk, which will be located on the ground floor near reception.