What will happen on the day?
- Aim to arrive at the Hilton Hotel 2 hours before your ceremony is due to begin (Please see FAQ for parking information).
- When you arrive you will need to register, collect your gown and have your photograph taken.
- Ensure you are seated in St Georges Hall no later than 20 minutes before the start of your ceremony.
- Guests will be seated in the Dress Circle and Grand Tier.
- The ceremony will begin with a formal procession of your academic staff and the College Corporation. Followed by speeches from senior staff and guests. You will then be taken to stage by one of our ushers where your name will be announced. You will then walk across the stage and shake hands with the Dean. You will receive your certificate when you come off stage.
- The ceremony will last approximately 1 ½ hours.
- After the ceremony finishes, you and your guests will be escorted out of St Georges Hall where you are free to enjoy the rest of the day with your guests.
- You must return your graduation gown within 2 hours of your graduation ceremony finishing.