This is a vocational programme, where you will learn by completing assignments that are based on real workplace situations, activities and demands so you can develop a range of specialist skills and knowledge.
This qualification is equivalent to two A levels.
You will study four Mandatory Units:
The Business Environment
Introduction to Marketing
You will also study eight Option Units, for example:
Market Research in Business
Aspects of Employment Law
Developing Teams in Business
Aspects of Contract and Business Law
Internet Marketing in Business
Starting a Small Business
Website Design Strategy
Business Markets and the Economy.
You will also study the Functional Skills Certificate which includes the study of Information Technology, English and Mathematics.
You will normally require one of the following:
a BTEC First Diploma in a related subject, ideally at Merit level (Pass level may be considered where GCSE English is at Grade C), or a minimum of four GCSEs at Grade A-C including English.
You must provide a satisfactory reference and you will be invited for an interview at which you will be required to pass a written Numeracy and Literacy test.
How Will I Learn?
- Working in class and at home
- Classes which will be held in workshops
- Taking part in group work
- Taking part in discussions
- Using case studies.
Skills You Will Develop
- Research skills
- Study skills
- Organisational skills
- Working in groups
- Independent learning.
- Visiting speakers from within industry
- You will use the Mathematics and English Workshops to reinforce your skills.
Expect Also To
- Use Business books to help you with your studies
- Use the computer in classes and to produce your assignments
- Use the Internet to obtain information for your course
- Use reference books in the library to do research for your course
- Use word-processing and spreadsheets.
How You Will Be Assessed
- Assignment and project work
- Practical assessments
- Oral presentations.
Things You May Need
- USB stick.